Have you ever wondered why you wake up everyday? Are you motivated by your financial or family obligations? If you answered yes, then you my fellow #leadher are operating in survival mode. You are not truly living. Instead you are operating on autopilot, like a robot. Are you a robot or are you are woman who desires to wake up everyday uber-excited to live a life they were destined to have? If you answered yes, then I have an action plan just for you!
How to Get Out of Survival Mode
- Identify what it is that is making you unhappy. You have to have an honest conversation with yourself here. You must understand “how” you have ended up here. Did you get careless with credit cards? Did an unexpected illness occur? Perhaps life through you a ton of curveballs? If so, you must ask yourself is it worth it? Are these things, people, or circumstances worth it? If you said, “no”, then excellent! You have to now remove these things. You may not be able to do it all at once but start small. A small victory is better than no victory.
- Identify your “why?” You have to identify what gets you excited about living. What is it that you really want to do with your life? There are no limits except the the ones you put on yourself!
- Dream and Think Big. Dream like you are back in the 1st grade with a wild imagination. Yes, my fellow #leadher, dream and think like a big kid! Get a pen, paper, or a journal and get to writing all your dreams and ideas out!
- Get a Mentor. You need a mentor that can guide you through your transition. It can be difficult doing it alone because you may feel alone or confused. A mentor will be able to help you map out your goals and encourage you to stay on course. Also a mentor should be someone you not only admire but someone who is actually living a life in a way that you desire.
- Connect with like-minded individuals. You need a support system. You need t be able to surround yourself around a group of individuals who are going through what you are going through or who have been through what you been through. You want people with real context. Otherwise, it will be like the blind leading the blind.
- Educate Yourself. You should make it a habit to learn something new everyday. A great starting point is learning how to improve on your weaknesses. For example, if you have bad credit and a lot of debt, which is why you work a lot then you might want to consider financial literary information. You can look into some free or low cost training seminars at your local chamber or commerce, ebooks, audible books, or hire a financial coach.
- Make yourself a priority. You have to remember to put YOU first. As women we often put ourselves on the backburner for other people and things. In order to live an epic life, you must make yourself a priority. Otherwise you wont really enjoy the fruits of your hard work because you are tired and burned out! Start by doing simple things as going shopping, lunch at your favorite restaurant, have a spa day, or whatever it is you like to do.
When you are operating in survival mode, you are limiting yourself to a lower quality of life. It does not matter what your current status, demographic, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation is. What matters is whether or not you want to remain in survival mode. In order to get out of survival mode you must be remain patient and truly believe that you are destined for greatness. You must also be willing to taking action. Just stating you are tired of being a robot is not enough!
I challenge you to stop being a survivalist. I challenge you today to go off script and not be a robot for once. Are you ready to accept? If so, book a free consultation call here.